As a leading timber door manufacturer and installer, Ahmarra has adopted a positive approach to our various social responsibilities. We value the world we live in and constantly strive to implement best working practices aimed at maximising potential environmental benefits and minimising possible adverse effects. By taking such issues seriously, we believe we can have a positive impact on the well being of society and so we have gone well beyond legal compliance to integrate socially responsible behaviour into our core values.
Ahmarra’s Forest Planting Project
To support our ‘Green Credentials’, Ahmarra have pledged to support a local woodland regeneration scheme at Stansted Park in Hampshire. We will make a donation to the scheme for every FSC door ordered by our customers, which will mean that thousands of plants and trees have already been established as a result. Read more here.
Ahmarra within the community
Ahmarra provides support to the local community and demonstrate this by:
- APPRENTICESHIPS We are committed to developing skills amongst young people through our active apprenticeship scheme
- AHMARRA FOREST PLANTING SCHEME We have supported a local forest planting scheme for the past four years and pledge to donate a percentage of our turnover to the scheme. Thousands of plants and trees have already been planted as a result of our donations.
- SCHOOLS We support a number of local schools and educational events such as career fairs, work experience etc
- CHARITIES We work with a number of charities to provide work experience and job opportunities for people with special needs and/or requiring additional support.
- SOCIAL We regularly organise social events for family and friends of the business
- LOCAL SKILLS We utilise and develop the local skills base
- UNIVERSITY We partner Portsmouth University to offer job opportunities and experience to graduates and have completed a Knowledge Transfer Partnership.
- CHARITABLE GIVING We regularly donate and support local and national charities through staff events such as Tough Mudder, Cake Sales, Open Days etc
- GUIDANCE We provide expertise and guidance to ASDMA (Architectural and Specialist Door Manufacturers Association) and to legislative committees.
Ahmarra on timber
Ahmarra are committed to:
- Sourcing timber from legal sources and seeking evidence of such
- Not sourcing any timber species prohibited under Appendix 1 of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES)
- To developing and implementing tracking systems independently, assessed by Exova BM Trada, to meet the requirements of the FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody (COC) schemes
Ahmarra on the environment
As well as our strict timber purchasing policy, our responsibilities transfer to wider environmental issues.
- We have developed a comprehensive Environmental Management System
- We use our own timber waste to fuel the boilers which provide process heat and heating to our premises where possible
- We actively try to minimise noise pollution especially outside normal working hours
- We take every care to dispose of waste in the correct manner and reduce emissions to the atmosphere at every opportunity